Spooks
Monday evening used to be the time that Mrs FreelanceNerd Teapot and I found ourselves in the world of make believe with the BBC TV drama called Spooks.It was the programme that led you to think that all would be right with the world and especially the UK if only those charming guys at MI6 were in charge. At a stroke we would solve the problems of the middle east, sort out the religious fanatics and dispense summary justice to the Bosnian war lords.
It makes you wonder....especially when out walking in the Cotswold countryside you come across a helicopter minding its own business in a field next to a farm with outbuildings containing some very heavy looking not so agricultural machinery. We had been already been told that the manor was owned by an American who was very good at land management...nod nod wink wink..
Followers of spook like programmes will know that grand country estates have always been a cover for the shadowy goings on of the secret agent. Remember Emma Peel and the Avengers.....and as we walked the bird song from the hedgerows was interrupted from time to time by the sound of the shotgun!
I advised Teapot to put away her binoculars and digital camera and beat it down the lane but would she?? She has always had a strong streak of impetuosity. I spotted a group looking like the owner and his heavies in the distance and we managed to walk off with an innocent looking stride into a nearby coppice, out of sight.
I have noted from Englishblogger's account of yesterday that at about the same time as all of this was taking place he was having a spot of bovver with the sound system, the mikes and all of that nerdy stuff back in Sutton C.
It makes you wonder......taking out the binoculars, impacting on the force field around the rotar blades of the helicopter and hey presto it is anarchy on the sound desk......
...Teapot guilty as charged!

2 Comments:
I did wonder if it could have been Mrs Teapots fault, but with her not being here and that I had ruled it out, silly me again!!!
Glad you had an eventful and enjoyable break.
By
Anonymous, at 8:29 pm
Oi!
I know he asked me to put away the binoculars and the camera, but there was something fishy in the woodshed..........
I can't even go away for a break without causing chaos!!
Even though the place we stayed in was straight out of Midsomer Murders!! There's a thought....
By
Teapot, at 8:44 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home