Tales from the Tardis

Monday, January 15, 2007

bloggerscribble

I read the comments of fellow bloggers on the topic of Bible reading last week with a lot of interest and sympathy.

I some times feel like Mr Topsy Turvy after a few verses never mind three chapters! There is so much to take in and I sometimes think my head needs turning round so I can get into line with what God is saying.

I am sure I would be well blessed by the one or two liners or even the odd paragraph or two that my friendly SCBC bloggers might offer on their regular readings. It would be even better if a few of us had a go at reading the same book or chapters over a fortnight and then posted say one or two blogs a week on what grabs us. A fortnight is a good period for the quick to read something twice and really dig deep, the less quick to catch up and all of us to have the chance to say something.

Anyone up for this?

In anticipation I have created a new team blog called "bloggerscribble" - just to emphasise I am not thinking of deep theology. It will be a site where different people can post and only authors can comment.

So my thought for the first fortnight starting Saturday would be Psalms 120 -134. The first to sign up gets next pick!

If you want to join in just say and I will send the link. If no one replies cake supplies will still continue!!

12 Comments:

  • Can non-SCBC members have ago? Our initials are nearly the same (SBC)!

    By Blogger hs, at 7:47 pm  

  • Steve,
    That sounds brilliant, I do really struggle to grasp some verses so to be able to discuss what they mean and to hear other people's views would be brilliant.

    Cheers, would love the link

    Aaron

    By Blogger JollyGreenGiant1982, at 11:12 pm  

  • Oh yes please what a top idea

    By Blogger D Baynham, at 9:33 am  

  • Teapot's on, as long as I can have Al Fayed tea at the same time as reading the relevant passages!

    By Blogger Teapot, at 8:15 pm  

  • Coolio! But I might need reminding!

    By Blogger Amy and Amiability, at 8:16 pm  

  • Count me in... After a serious session on Ephesians last night from Prof KnowAlot I am fired up and ready to go...

    By Blogger Baddog68, at 12:13 pm  

  • Yes please - me too

    By Blogger ScubaSis, at 9:15 pm  

  • Hi Stephen,

    How about Expats without a church living in Beirut?

    By Blogger Ethnoquest, at 8:05 pm  

  • yes please, sounds brilliant, great idea, really cool to discuss the same passage! Great idea!

    By Blogger It's not easy being small, at 9:17 am  

  • how about random students who occasionally visit SB? xx

    By Blogger debbie, at 5:43 pm  

  • How about daughters-in-law and reindeer?

    By Blogger Robbie, Rudolf & Rusty, at 7:27 pm  

  • Can I be in the club too? a couple of visits a year to SCBC are better than none!

    This is beilliant, will definitely help us grow closer and in faith =D

    Thankyou in advance of the link timelord

    By Blogger The Random One, at 6:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home