Tales from the Tardis

Sunday, February 01, 2009

The Lord is my Protector

Perhaps the most harrowing experience of my life was Stafford Crown Court February 2007. We saw the CCTV footage of the lorry moving relentlessly on towards the car where Chris and Matt were stationary and then the moment of impact.

So where was the Lord his protector right then? He was watching it all happen just like me all those months afterwards.

All this came back to me tonight as I listened to Team Leader speak of the Lord is king and how he is our protector like some pre medieval king.

And I just thought........ and what about the casualties.

You see I have lost it with ideas that have no bearing on what really happens in the world. The Lord is not a guarantor of physical security.

But for me he is my protector. He is and has been my protector in the times of pain, loss, tears, anguish and tiredness since that night. He has brought me friends who are part of his protection for me.

And I only make any sense of God's protection for Matt and Chris by seeing its eternal equation because "no eye has seen, nor ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him".

2 Comments:

  • There are no words any man could offer you or Viv that could give you a reason why? All I know is accidents happen and from those accidents tragedy's are the consequence.

    I know a day cannot pass without the grief pulling at your heart and tearing it open again, and when people talk of tragedy it must make so painful I cannot even imagine the pain you must be feeling.

    Please read this prayer I found yesterday morning it is on my blog http://thebloggie.blogspot.com/2009/02/prayer-from-celtic-oral-tradition.html

    It sort of says what Teamleader was saying.

    God bless.

    EB

    By Blogger D Baynham, at 12:39 pm  

  • I don't want to sound trite;and I can't say I understand;but I know that He is protecting your heart. We are not guaranteed physical protection,the Apostle Paul certainly wasn't,but we are guaranteed spiritual protection. Our protection is against those invisible enemies that want us to give up in the face of pain, grief and despair.But nothing and no-one can snatch us out of His hand.

    By Blogger hs, at 4:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home