Tales from the Tardis

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Radio FLN

There is a lot of traffic going on all the time in the airwaves about FreeLanceNerd. You can't see them but you can hear alright if you have the right equipment and you're tuned into the right station.

I guess Teapot and me are tuned in most of the time. And sometimes we write blogs like this one because of what we hear.

Sometimes you pick up the signal in unexpected places. Like last night when I heard James Lentz the Toyota boss in the US testifying to Congress about the Toyota recalls. He spoke emotionally about the death of his brother in an accident over 20 years ago a week after he made 30. Not a day goes by he said when he doesn't think of it. And that is over 20 years ago! Why should I even think that might be surprising.

And doing the shopping at Sainsburys the other Saturday and overhearing some of the floor workers talking about a crash on the M6. Or picking up a jar of apple spread for Curly Al and finding the sell by date was 23 April some year in the future. Or listening to the Archers, that old radio soap, and hearing part of the funeral service for Phil Archer born St Georges Day. It is always strong at SCBC on a Sunday evening.

I met a special friend from Melbourne this week. Jono Green was over in London for an Alpha conference and it just so happened I was passing through and able to meet him not far from HTB for a coffee. The last time I saw him of course FLN was here and it was very touching to hear him ask about everyone.

I like being tuned into Radio FLN. It may be hard to hear at times. There are lots of other noises around me. It may give me a jolt when it comes on loud and clear in unexpected places. But I would not be without it.

2 Comments:

  • Me neither. Someone asked me recently why I had written all the blogs, (and still do) about Matt ad didn't think they should be in the public domain. Well they are there to be read or not, and each time I drive down the M6 it is very much on my mind.........a love that will last forever, is very special.

    By Blogger Teapot, at 3:15 pm  

  • Writing our thoughts down help us to sort our feelings out. I recently had advice which said this was a good way to help ourselves. A good friend of mine gave me a lovely leatherbound book to write in. I haven't used it yet, but it's there for me when I need it. I'd like to thank you both for being open and writing your thoughts for 'public viewing'. Just reading about your experiences is a help and support for me too. It makes me realise that my thoughts, feelings and experiences linked to one or more particular events are not uncommon. That in turn helps me to feel sane (even if I'm not - no added asides please!!)
    So please carry on. Thank you once again! x x

    By Blogger Mrs. R. Gore, at 10:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home