Tales from the Tardis

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Easter 2007

What made Easter special for me this year?

I was given these words written by El Pasto almost 5 years ago.

"it comes to us all at some point, and I think it's THE ultimate thing about Christianity that makes its message special, that we know where we are going when we die and it will be great!

It's something I feel strongly about, I suppose because of my work in the hospital but also because it is one of the most important aspects of my faith.

(I don't really see the point otherwise) "

They echo so strongly now. They underline the strength of faith forged in his sharing in the sufferings of others. They capture the hope he shared with FreelanceNerd.

And they speak something of eternity into our loss here and now.

"no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him"

says Paul in his first letter to the church at Corinth

2 Comments:

  • Easter this year was a mixture of feelings. I love Easter as it stands freedom and victory, though I do miss my friends so a sadness. I felt pride in my wife leading a fantasic Easter Sunday worship, and it was excellent to share time with Mrs EB brother. All in all a good Easter.

    By Blogger D Baynham, at 9:39 am  

  • Having Alan with us for Easter was really special. Being able to celebrate and cry at the same time is good, as we all found out.
    We also had an unexpected Easter egg hunt, provided by some friends who also joined us for the day. However, Purple Pippin hid some of them too well, it took quite a while ! (Sadly they were not chocolate eggs, but there was lots of choc around.)

    By Blogger hs, at 2:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home