You are Martha Jones......
........we timelords are nothing without someone to journey with us.Sometimes I am asked how I have coped these past 12 months. It has often been relentless. More so these last few months.
"...hard pressed on every side, but not crushed...". But there have been times when it has felt close to it. These last few days I have kept reminding myself of the advice to:
"fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
And trying to grasp the long view, life beyond and outside this one and its reality is part of the coping.
But Martha Jones?
This Timelord has been gifted with lots of Martha Jones (not all young ladies I should add although there are some!). You know who you are or perhaps in some cases not. You send cards, you send me texts, I sit next to you and you listen, I send my own texts at odd times because I know I am safe with you. I give you a call. You make me a cop of coffee or you give me a lift in the car.
Losing FLN is not something you can handle just in the family.
I went to a dinner at the International Convention Centre in Birmingham in July and saw an old work colleague who mentioned someone we both knew from those days. He told me how Tony was still missing his father in law since his death and quite badly. When I asked how long that had been he said 3 years and I gulped inwardly.
So unlike the Doctor I will not be leaving you Martha Jones behind. As I enter year 2 I still need to journey with you and your sticking with me thus far has meant more than I could ever say.

2 Comments:
I am so glad for all of the support that you have received.
What a testimony to the wonderful community that you have!
You continue to be in my prayers.
By
Ethnoquest, at 5:10 am
Timelord.
I shed a tear reading your post, I am alone sitting on "The Robber Button" waiting for friend to arrive around lunch time. I am having a quiet time and I felt the need to read your blog?
I was meditating on "you are the vine and we are the branches".....a song we used to sing a lot at one time ...now "Out of fashion" but it is so true we are all parts of the body of Christ and when a part of the body is hurt you look after it and tend to it...I honstly wish there was more I could do help.
I am praying for you and the family and also Chris's family.
By
D Baynham, at 9:21 am
Post a Comment
<< Home