Tales from the Tardis

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Talking Rubbish......

Here is big belly...a waste bin with a big appetite, and a voice, or almost!

It can eat 8 times more waste than an ordinary bin because it has two hydro compaction rams powered by solar energy. And when it has had its fill it sends a text message to the mobile phone of the nearest bin man, ash chap or refuse collection operative depending on your generation.

You can see them on the seafront at Bournemouth.

It would be much more fun of course if they could actually speak or had a name. Perhaps an adjustment with my sonic screw driver would do the trick for the voice, but I am lost for words for a name!!

Happen as well.

4 Comments:

  • OOh I shall seek one out when I'm at home over Christmas and ask it to identify itself!

    By Blogger Amy and Amiability, at 10:03 pm  

  • Those of a cetain age will remember a certain name for a bin "Dusty Bin" from 321. I think the name "Crusher Cans" would fit.

    By Blogger D Baynham, at 10:41 am  

  • Hehe, have just realised that that picture of me was actually taken on Bournemouth beach!

    By Blogger Amy and Amiability, at 7:27 pm  

  • ..and who nicked all the bins then! May be they are lurking at a certain school ready to devour the naughty children!

    By Blogger timelord in the tardis, at 9:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home