Tales from the Tardis

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

April 1?

I read today that the Royal Horticultural Society will hold auditions tomorrow to find voices to read Shakespeare to plants to see if talking to them makes any difference to the way they grow.

I think that the plants chez Tardis need a good talking too right now and if they don't buck their ideas up before the return of Teapot yours truly will be spoken to as well!

Yet I digress. Inspired by the RHS I offer to donate a tomato plant to the six best ideas for scientific research which reach me here in the Tardis over the next week.

Tiger the cat has already offered regular purring in his summer house. Contrast that with ball by ball commentary from the last one day international W Indies v England folllowed by the forthcoming summer of Tests including the Ashes! What size tomatoes might that bring? Or a continuous reading of the works of Jane Austen? Perhaps some U2 or Jamie Cullum?

Any better ideas?

Let me know. But if you're name is Charles don't bother!

2 Comments:

  • I think a good cook book being read to tomatoes is the answer, something for them to be inspired to be part of.

    By Blogger D Baynham, at 9:42 am  

  • You evidently didn't talk to my hanging baskets!!! They are ready for the compost heap!!

    By Blogger Teapot, at 2:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home