Tales from the Tardis

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Have I unplugged my straighteners.....


....said Mrs FLN as we were about to set off for church this morning. I looked at her with a sort of Mr Spock look, wondering if this was another hangover from Tin Lid's hen night the previous day.But I was soon put right and learnt this was something to do with her hair??.

A glimpse into a mystery about which we men have only the faintest notion.

And perhaps it is best that it is so. As with so many things of the fair sex. I remember walking on the other side of the road across from a shop when I was last in Lancashire with the title "Nail Bar" across the window. As I approached the door wondering if I could buy half a pound of 1 " I soon appreciated this was not the latest name for an ironmongers.

Innocents abroad.

The medieval torture chamber had nothing on some of the implements employed in days gone by if Teapot is to be believed. Curling tongs? What were they when they were at home? Heated rollers were bliss I am told?? And perms.........this is one mental blank I have no desire to see filled.

I content myself with the thought that I managed to go to work for a whole week without combing my hair the other month as I had misplaced (lost) my comb and was too mean to buy another one. Or rather I knew it would turn up sometime as duly it did!

And no one seemed to spot the difference.

3 Comments:

  • There are many things I life I strive to learn and be enriched by....the doings of a lady's hair, make up and beauty products are not any of them. I think I would rather learn astro physics...(being dyslexic I can't even read an equation) or the workings of the hadron collider than ever venture down that steep and winding road.

    By Blogger D Baynham, at 8:43 pm  

  • Something tells me you are very good at losing combs, like umbrellas......

    By Blogger Teapot, at 8:25 am  

  • Women's beautification is quite the taboo topic in our part of the world. Lebanon made a film about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpnC8cUIij0&feature=related

    By Blogger Ethnoquest, at 5:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home