Tales from the Tardis

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Mr Forgetful

Cornish Pixie asked me last week if I was going to write a blog about all the Mr Men..........and so this week is the turn of Mr Forgetful.

It was Wednesday evening when I was due to meet a client at the Bell at Broughton at 7pm. I picked up the car here and having been to the Bell a number of times thought a quick look at the road atlas would soon have me on my way.

Not on your life. Could I find it and when I rang my friend he could not remember either. Just off junction 5 of the M5 he thought so off I went but when I reached the junction and went right I soon realised I was lost. Ringing on my mobile he told me he had remembered we were at the Bell at Bell Broughton just off junction 4 - so I duly doubled back and arrived only 20 minutes late.

I confess I am notorious at getting lost. I was reflecting on this yesterday as I went round Sainsburys and forgot where I had left my trolley as I went over to another aisle to find a piece of fish for Tiger who is on the sick. It took me at least 5 minutes to find it again. I wondered if when the store closes there are lonely trolleys left abandoned in aisles with half of the week's shopping as people like me forget where they are.

I then came home and found that the tracksuit I bought for Teapot's birthday in the Touchwood centre on Thursday on my way back to the office after a meeting was the wrong size.

Of course what was really engaging my mind in Sainsburys was that master of forgetfulness El Pasto. Compared with EP I am a novice. EP was responsible for elevating forgetfulness to an art form. A premiership player of the highest class compared to my lower league clodhopping. He was the Christian Ronaldo, the Jonny Wilkinson of forgetting. If forgetting had been an olympic sport he would be have been a gold medallist.

So I have taken encouragement from these mishaps. After all last week was his birthday and how better to celebrate it but with an outbreak of forgetfulness.

So perhaps you can add to this blog your special memory of El Pasto's forgetting.

.....oh and the name of my friend at the Bell, Chris, of course!

7 Comments:

  • Brilliant!

    I've forgotton what your blog post was about but it was certainly a great read!

    Are there any real-life Mr or Mrs Men lurking about the Sutton Coldfield relms?

    By Blogger The Random One, at 5:07 pm  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger ScubaSis, at 10:08 pm  

  • Chris forgot he had taken a load of clothes to the Launderette and when he remembered & went to collect them they had closed down! We even made a song up at worship group about it which we even talked about recording for him - wish we had done!

    By Blogger ScubaSis, at 10:09 pm  

  • On my Birthday a couple of years ago, Chris came for a Brthday BBQ along with Lois. Chris was preaching the next morning, during the evening his face changed to a look of shear horror as he remembered where he had left the sermon on the Big bins in carpark at Church.

    By Blogger D Baynham, at 9:23 am  

  • I am loving the Mr Men! They are so cute and their little pictures make me smile!!

    As for Chris he always used to forget when it was his turn in worship group to sort out the music, or lead the prayer time, or sometimes even go to the prayer time!!

    But as scubasis said the best one was definately the launderette incident. We really should have recorded the 'clothes for Chris' song! It was inspired!!!

    By Blogger It's not easy being small, at 4:21 pm  

  • Definately, it has to be the launderette. I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life as when he told us that story (and subsequently when we made up the song. I even made the sleeve for the CD which was sadly never released due to public demand!)

    I love the Mr Men too but, being a bit of a girly girl in my formative years, I always preferred the Little Miss. Little Miss Sunshine being my favourite! Imagine my delight when I found a plastic model of her on sale for 5p at a school toy sale recently!

    By Blogger Amy and Amiability, at 10:10 pm  

  • I Love the Mr Men and Matt and I used to collect them. We would buy them for each other to reflect each others mood and would read them to each other.

    Story of Christoforgetful: One Sunday night Matt and I had gone up to bed - almost asleep when the doorbell rang. 'whose this calling at this time'(in the style of Peter Kay). We both went down the stairs in our PJ's. It was Chris he wanted his spare key as he had lost his. Then he put his hand in his pocket to find the missing keys.

    By Blogger Robbie, Rudolf & Rusty, at 5:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home