Tales from the Tardis

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Squeeze my foot...

Walking round the shopping aisles of Sainsburys to replenish Timelord's stock of marmite, I came face to face with the squeeze me version.

I know it has been around a while but there are some things which are just not right. Standing on your head for long periods does nothing for the content of your head (big or small) and it can do nothing for the delicious contents of the normal marmite jar.

I fully expect that sometime soon deep into the night the irresitible force contained in the marmite itself will force these squeeze me jars into a somersault so they stand head erect even if the label will then be upside down. You might as well try to ignore gravity.

Anyway supplies are restored and Sunday tea or supper can continue with a slice or two of toast and marmite which is a fitting end to the weekend. It is just the kind of thing you need working away inside to jump start Monday morning (and I am not talking about the car engine!). I have even taken a few marmite sandwiches to work recently for lunch. Much cheaper thsan M&S and no danger of going mouldy!

Now I know there are some unbelievers out there, even among my friends. Mrs FLN confessed to me the other day that she only partakes once a year. Yet I am pleased to say it is a well known fact that reindeer thrive on it.

I also hear from Teapot that EB is not too good just now. Now there is a fellow believer but sadly unequally yoked and for all her qualities Mrs EB has yet to see the light. If he does not mend up soon I will have to go round with some home made bread, butter and a fresh jar to administer its unique pick me up properties

And you never know Mrs EB might just be touched by that special aroma.....

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home