Matt's day..again
The flags will be out this week again for St George's Day .......and we can be forgiven for seeing them as a celebration of FLN, and why not say I.This is a special photo. That may be because there is someone in it who has managed to get his spoon in the trough quicker than FLN! A unique achievement. Or because he is just such a top guy: period.
I have been thinking of him much of late and he would have had a fearful ribbing from FLN for allowing his wife to use his email address and send out a certain email yesterday which had Teapot and I in gales of laughter.
Yet another year has passed but we hold our son even tighter in our memories. I wonder at times at what he might have thought of:
- Gordon Brown - oh dear Sunday lunch would have been more and deeper and deeper grunts between mouthfuls of Timelord's crumble. Would I have dared say bring back Saint Tony!
- Catherine Taite as Dr Who's assistant - enough to send one back to Gallifray to escape for good
- Villa 5 Blues 1 - oh joy oh rapture!
- this chocolate cake I am eating as I write - or more precisely another slice from the same cake
- Curly Al off to see the Lord Mayor and other big wig engineers on Thursday - he had a letter yesterday to say he may have to cross a picket line to enter the council offices - now there's something needing the wisdom of Comrade FLN
- burglars in the Tardis - FLN busy tapping his contacts in the markets for a second hand laptop and a video cam lead?
- DB working you know where - FLN wondering how many times he had been mistaken for an inmate!
- the weather -still cold and no sign of the cherry tree opposite in blossom
So hang out the flags. And while we hold on we know that reality for FLN is something beyond what eye has seen or ear heard or minds can conceive; the reality of what God has prepared for those who love him.

2 Comments:
As usual - you've hit many nails on their heads.
One thing about memories is that they are all uniquely personal - non of us can have exactly the same. They can bring times of reflection that range from the painful to the joyful (with often a crazy mix of both extremes)that too often are ours alone to spend.
By
purple pippin, at 2:23 pm
Catching up after our weeks away (planned and other!). Was speaking with a friend today about going to my first footie match with Matt to see Villa play.
I certainly would have had a ribbing about Diana's email - not only for the situation, but for newly acquiring decidedly female speech. :)
Also read an Arabic text in class today with a singles ad from Beni Mellal, the town in Morocco where Matt and I made our friend, Mehdi.
I'm so glad that I can share them with you, and read yours as well. ;) Cameo's are fun as well (went directly to the Matt section in "My Photos").
Looking forward to making some new memories together as well! With our new political climate (cross fingers!), maybe we'll have some visitors...
By
Ethnoquest, at 10:53 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home