Tales from the Tardis

Friday, February 08, 2008

Sutton Park it is not

Sitting in the Tardis after our return from New York I have been musing on what it might be about the city which is truly and intergalatically unique.

There may be something on the dark side of the star cluster Duvet major which I missed whilst asleep that time I was experimenting with the auto co-ordinating settings on the Tardis control panel. But that aside Central Park and the view from the Rockefeller Centre or the Empire State Building is on its own.

The scale of the buildings and the contrast with the open space in the middle of it is amazing. Planners talk about green lungs and this is one big deep breath.

The rigid block pattern of the streets and avenues may seem boring as a concept but the individuality of the skyscrapers and their styles sometimes side by side with older and smaller buildings makes for fascinating viewing.
Now can you imagine what a few 60 plus storey tower blocks might look like on the side of Sutton Park. Perhaps starting somewhere along Monmouth Drive.....

And again perhaps not!

1 Comments:

  • I like the idea ofna row of skyscrapets between us & Sutton Park - so much cheaper than going to NY!

    By Blogger ScubaSis, at 5:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home