Fings aint what they used to be....
If you come to visit us now like one of Matt's friends did the other week you may think all is just the same and then suddenly you are lost! When you look for something it is not where you thought it would be.
It all began when we decided to do our bit for climate change and have a condenser type of gas boiler that hangs on the wall and fires up only when you need the heat or the hot water. So out went our floor based bolier and into the space of one of the kitchen cupboards went the new boiler - and all the reorganising and moving around that goes with it.
So if you want the coffee jar, or a bowl for the morning cereal or a teaspoon, the autopilot which I rely on first thing in a morning no longer works. Nothing is where it should be and everything is upside down. Dinner plates have even appeared in that most sacred place: the cake cupboard.
The only break in the cloud that has descended on the kitchen chez Tardis is to watch Curly Al do exactly the same as me and time after time at that. I confess to a mean chuckle as I see him go for a knife in what was the knife drawer only to find it empty! Teapot eventually had mercy on us both and last week returned the cutlery to the drawer immediately behind the Cornish Pixie on this picture.
But the damage has been done. I have become directionless. All of a sudden I can forget where I am.
The other week I came up from Victoria on the Tube to Euston and on climbing the escalator thought "hmmm this does not look like Euston" and sure enough it wasn't. I had got off a stop too soon and was heading out of the station at Warren Street.
And today I was busy doing the shopping when a young lady said to me "hey that's my trolley" as I tried to load it with a bottle of milk and 4 yogurts of my own.
Where will this malady strike next? Will I ever recover? When I board the train for Wolverhampton on Monday will I end up in Crewe?

3 Comments:
Timelord ought to remember that in a different regeneration he DID actually board a train for Birmingham and ended up at Crewe!!
8:44 PM
By
Teapot, at 8:46 pm
It would be worse to be heading for Crewe & end up in Wolverhampton!!
By
ScubaSis, at 10:02 pm
I think you should bake plenty of Muffins over the next week or so, that way the regen of the Kitchen will all come into place...and of course there may be a few spare muffins heading towards the sound desk at Church.
By
D Baynham, at 7:36 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home