Tales from the Tardis

Monday, April 06, 2009

Home Alone (2)

Saturday and Sunday was clean up day in the Tardis.

Some of my readers may be surprised that the clean up only took two days. But one of the advantages of being a Timelord is having a certain flexibility about time, if you know what I mean.

Searching under the kitchen sink produced a treasure trove of sprays liquids bleaches potions and mixtures of all shapes and sizes. I began to think Merlin had been at work. Teapot is prepared for anything from cleaning the sink to a major biological attack!

And as I went about my chores I went back in time to the bank below the flat in Lancashire where I grew up. There my mum and dad had the job of the daily cleaner and managed to rope in the young Timelord to help out from time to time. The incentive was to finish the daily duties in time for an evening cricket session in the back garden and no more incentive was needed than that. So I polished and dusted and mopped and applied the brasso to the door handles so that I could see my face in them.

No brasso in Teapot's armoury. Still one day I shall take the chance to brasso the Wragge & Co nameplate outside 55 Colmore Row. Mum and Dad would love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home